In 2019 the League of Legends World Championship will return to Europe and today we’re excited to share the dates, regional seeding, venues, and cities for the tournament.
The League of Legends World Championship is the culmination of the competitive League of Legends season and sees the top teams from around the world compete for the Summoner’s Cup and title of World Champion. Since 2011, a different global region has hosted the event each year. This year, the tournament will showcase the support of global partners including Mastercard, Alienware, and Secretlab. In 2020 and 2021, the World Championship will be hosted by China and North America respectively.
By October, 24 teams from 13 regional leagues will qualify for the most prestigious event in League of Legends esports and battle through a gauntlet consisting of the Play-In Stage, Group Stage, Knock-Out Stage, and the Finals.
The 2019 League of Legends World Championship will begin in Berlin with the Play-In stage. The LEC Studio and will host 12 teams who will compete for 4 Group Stage spots. Dates for Play-In Stage are as follows:
- Play-Ins: Oct 2-5
- Play-Ins: Oct 7-8
The following teams will compete in the Play-In stage. The top four teams will advance to the Group Stage:
- CBLOL (Brazil) Team
- LCL (Russia) Team
- 3rd Seeded LCK (South Korea) Team
- 3rd Seeded LCS (North America) Team
- 3rd Seeded LEC (Europe) Team
- LJL (Japan) Team
- LLA (Latin America) Team
- 3rd Seeded LMS Team
- OPL (Australia ) Team
- LST (Southeast Asia) Team
- TCL (Turkey) Team
- 2nd Seeded VCS (Vietnam) Team
After the conclusion of the Play-In stage, the Group stage will continue in Berlin at the Verti Music Hall. Dates for the Group Stage are as follows:
- Groups: Oct 12-15
- Groups: Oct 17-20
The following teams will auto-qualify into the Group Stage:
- 1st Seeded LCK (South Korea) Team
- 2nd Seeded LCK (South Korea) Team
- 1st Seeded LCS (North America) Team
- 2nd Seeded LCS (North America) Team
- 1st Seeded LEC (Europe) Team
- 2nd Seeded LEC (Europe) Team
- 1st Seeded LMS Team
- 2nd Seeded LMS Team
- 1st Seeded LPL (China) Team
- 2nd Seeded LPL (China) Team
- 3rd Seeded LPL (China) Team
- 1st Seeded VCS (Vietnam) Team
Quarterfinals & Semifinals
Eight teams from the Group Stage will qualify for the Quarterfinals and Semifinals Knock-Out Stage which will take place at the Palacio Vistalegre in Madrid, Spain.
- Quarterfinals: October 26th & 27th
- Semifinals: November 2nd & 3rd
The 2019 World Championship Finals will take place in Paris, France at the AccorHotels Arena.
- Finals: November 10th
Information regarding tickets will be posted in the coming weeks.