Another patch! Who would’ve known!
This patch, we’re taking a gander at some old friends who have been struggling for a while—Udyr! Nidalee! Sivir! How we’ve missed you!—and readjusting a couple of offenders that have been toeing the line (hint: trees, daggers, and gems).
Oh, and URF is back! Make sure you’re on this ultra rapidly, and we’ll see you there!
Take this portal if you’re looking for TFT’s patch notes!
5/18/2020 Caitlyn Bugfix
We’re reverting the bugfix that was meant to fix the bug where Caitlyn’s W – Yordle Snap Trap would empower more than one basic attack as it was causing an infinite trapping loop on her enemies!
5/15/2020 URF Balance Changes
5/14/2020 Lissandra and Zed Bugfix
We’re reverting the bugfix that was meant to solve the bug where Zed’s W – Living Shadow and R – Death Mark‘s shadows were stacking on top of each other when cast on a target in quick succession. It was causing general buffering issues, some of which we’ve identified and fixed via the revert below.
Last week, we told players about our short and long term plans to address deliberate game-ruining behavior. Our proposed plans aren’t meant to target those who are genuinely having a bad game, but those who decide that the game is over on their own and then spend their time trolling others instead of trying to play their best. The first of our short term plans is to adjust our Reporting and Punishment system. In 10.10, you should start to see more frequent “Instant Feedback” reports for disruptive behavior as we work on tweaking our behavioral systems.
For more context, you can visit this article.
E damage reduction increased; Tibbers Burning Aura buffed
We’re hop, skip, jumping to give Tibbers a buff to encourage Annie to bring him out to play more often. We’re also bringing up Molten Shield’s damage reduction, which was left in a weak state after her mini-update in 9.18.
E – Molten Shield
R – Summon: Tibbers
Base health and attack damage decreased.
Diana is a scourge for average and skilled play. While her ability to be aggressive in lane is intended, she isn’t paying the appropriate cost of putting herself at risk.
E base damage increased.
For a champion that’s kept weak for everyone else because of pro play, Irelia’s finally fallen to the low end of pro. Giving her a surge in the right direction.
E – Flawless Duet
Passive dagger AP ratio decreased later.
On the other hand, we’ve been consistently seeing our other blade gal on the higher end of balance, so we’re pulling back on her AP ratios. Katarina will need to be more razor sharp and have the AP to burst her enemies down.
Passive – Voracity
Passive Rhaast heal decreased.
While Assassin form seems to be in the right spot, Rhaast benefited a touch too much, so we’re nerfing the utility specific to that side.
Passive – The Darkin Scythe
Q cooldown increased.
Higher cooldowns means this fearless yordle and his less-than-fearless lizard will need to think twice before fishing for hooks in early levels.
Q – Beartrap on a Rope
W max bonus movement speed decreased.
Putting a bit less pep in this pirate queen’s step.
W – Strut
Base mana decreased. Q cost increased.
Maokai is at the top of top lane, but not dramatically so. Giving him a small nerf to nip this in the bud.
Q – Bramble Smash
Q damage ratio increased.
We’re looking to bring our huntress back on the prowl, so we’re (javelin) tossing Nidalee a bone by amping up her signature spell as she scales into late game.
Q – Javelin Toss
E mana restore increased.
Empowering Sivir’s mana loop to encourage players to master the art of using her shield and commanding enemies to back off.
E – Spell Shield
Q base damage increased. W health cost reduction increased.
This Starchild’s enemies are going to be seeing stars.
Q – Starcall
W – Astral Infusion
Base health growth decreased. W bonus armor ratio decreased later.
We’re making Taric’s survivability skew more towards his ability usage and reducing his defensive raw stats for himself and his linked ally.
W – Bastion
Base attack damage and armor increased. R mana cost decreased.
TF’s been dealt a weak hand, and he’s been getting lost in the shuffle. We’re stacking his deck by trimming some of the cost from his ult to move it back in line with his peers. We’re also bumping up his base stats to help his farming and early presence.
R – Destiny
Base movement speed increased. Base health, mana and mana regen rounded.
This spirit walker has been walking a lonely road, since he’s not performing particularly well anywhere. For someone who was historically one of the fastest champions in a foot race, he’s fallen quite behind the curve. We’re bumping up his base MS so he can bear down on prey, then rounding a couple other stats.
URF returns in 10.10 on May 14! The experiment with pick-URF last year went well, with healthier engagement with the mode and with Summoner’s Rift afterwards.
We believe a part of that success can be attributed to the continuous mode-specific balance changes, so you’ll see more adjustments below to help keep games nice and snappy.
- Galio’s W – Shield of Durand‘s passive now has new visual and sound effects
- Dodge Penalties now accurately track penalty time between dodges (the lockout timer should now properly reset after 23 hours)
- Zed’s W – Living Shadow and R – Death Mark‘s shadows are no longer placed on top of each other when cast on a target in quick succession
- Sett now properly completes the slam in his R – The Show Stopper on champion clones even as they’re about to expire
- Soraka is no longer able to permanently silence an enemy champion with E – Equinox until they die and respawn
- Lissandra now properly creates a Frozen Thrall of Master Yi when he is killed during Q – Alpha Strike
- Kalista is no longer able to basic attack while channeling Teleport by repeatedly inputting attack commands
- Fiddlesticks is no longer able to walk while channeling W – Bountiful Harvest if his target goes into an Untargetable state
- Elise is now properly able to cast E – Rappel onto targets like wards, Blast Cones, Scryer’s Bloom, etc.
- Casting Wukong’s W – Warrior Trickster as the enemy champion is winding up an empowered basic attack does not cause them to lose control of their character
- Shaco’s R – Hallucinate‘s clone now properly does 60% of Shaco’s damage from items with on-hit effects