Greetings, fellow gamers.
Welcome to 10.9 and the last legs of Ranked Split! To begin with, we’re bringing champions like Nami and Karthus down a peg—we’ve been closely monitoring them for a while, and they’ve been standing out in their success, so we’re hoping this will shuffle them back in line. We’re also looking to help out our friends in the top lane who didn’t benefit as much from recent buffs with some extra padding.
Aside from these, we’re bringing some love to champions we’d like to see more of, like Lissandra and Quinn, and making another quick follow-up with Wukong.
But don’t take it from me. Dive into the goodness below, and we’ll see you on the Rift!
Take this portal if you’re looking for TFT’s patch notes!
The Summoner Rift Ranked Split 1 rolls into Split 2 on Sunday, May 3 at 11:59 PM PDT. Last chance to grind out those Split Points for the exclusive Split 1 Aphelios summoner icon, Aphelios emote, and armor upgrade before the next split!
W movement speed reduced and cooldown increased. E cooldown increased.
Bard has been Journeying to a bunch of wins in the upper brackets of solo queue, so we’re reducing some of his roaming prowess to lower his overall utility.
W – Caretaker’s Shrine
50%, decaying over 1.5 seconds
30%, decaying over 1.5 seconds
E – Magical Journey
E damage increased later.
Our beast of the Void has been struggling in top lane, so we’re buffing the ability that is specifically more utilized there, to boost him through his journey to tanky Chozilla.
E – Vorpal Spikes
E damage increased later.
Just because he’s a scary scarecrow with a scythe, doesn’t mean Fiddlesticks can’t be helpful to his buddies in lane. We’re giving Fiddlesticks a little extra damage to his primary in-lane-as-a-support ability, so he can more adequately help out his partner in fights.
E – Reap
Q cooldown refund increased. E damage increased.
Despite the previous buffs over the past year, Gnar’s continued to feel underwhelming in average games. We’re cautiously bringing up Mega Gnar’s potential for extended brawls, while keeping in mind his existing strength in other places. Shugi Shugi Shugit-em
Q – Boulder Toss
E – Crunch
Base movement speed decreased.
Karthus has been laying waste in the jungle, so we’re nudging him back in line by targeting his ability to get around the map, while avoiding collateral to mid Karthus as much as possible.
Q cooldown decreased; bonus damage now applies to minions. W decaying slow increased.
Our last few adjustments to Kayn haven’t pulled him out of the shadows as we’d expected, so we’re adding a dash of spice to his overall game impact, from ganks to duels. We’re hoping that the addition of minion damage on his Q will give Kayn more positional flexibility, and that lower cooldowns and increased slows will help players capitalize on faster clearing and early skirmishes.
Q – Reaping Slash
Bonus damage against monsters now also applies to minions
W – Blade’s Reach
Q cooldown decreased.
Given the ice queen isn’t ever present in pro play anymore, and is still underperforming in all skill brackets, we’re pulling back on one of the harsher nerfs we gave her when she was dominating the pro spotlight.
Q – Ice Shard
Base health and mana reduced. Passive movement speed reduced.
Nami’s been on the crest of a wave for a while now, so we’re dampening some of her power by reducing some of the movement speed she ambiently grants to allies while keeping her identity of an empowered healer (and surfer) intact.
Passive – Surging Tides
Q Nearsight duration increased.
It’s been a while since we’ve given this mighty bird lady some love, especially amidst our recent buffs to her melee peers in top lane. We’re focusing on her utility here instead of damage as a slight nod to the Sanguine Blade buff (spoiler alert), as we predict she’ll be taking it more often after this.
Q – Blinding Assault
R cooldown increased.
Trundle’s been clobbering all his opponents, regardless of health or risk, especially in pro play. We’re reigning in his ability to make others more vulnerable so he has to fight fairly more often.
R – Subjugate
Base armor decreased. Q damage decreased. W clone damage decreased.
We’ve seen players quickly (and effectively) harness the power of Wukong’s rework, so we’re further calibrating the monkey to bring him back in line.
Q – Crushing Blow
W – Warrior Trickster
Combine cost decreased. Attack damage increased.
Sanguine Blade hasn’t seen much action lately, especially since it has a specific niche that not all game states call for. Coupled with its reduced effectiveness around allies, it can stand to be more generous with the stats it gives to the user.
+8% damage dealt & -8% damage taken
+10% damage dealt & -10% damage taken
+5% damage dealt
+5% damage dealt & -5% damage taken
+5% damage taken
-5% damage dealt
-5% damage taken
The Essence Emporium returns from April 30, 2020 to May 13, 2020! Spend your Blue Essence on exclusive icons, chromas, and skins.
For this run, we are rolling out improvements to the popular Mystery Champie Icon Boxes. We kept all the things players love, but there are a few minor changes to the experience:
- To get a full list of icons that can be acquired from each box, please check the item description
- When you purchase a Mystery Champie Icon Box, it will now appear in the Hextech Crafting tab (where your skin shards, Prestige Points, and event tokens live)
- If you receive an icon you already own, you can disenchant it for a FULL refund of the BE cost
- Sylas’ ultimate timer for specific champions will no longer show in spectator mode
- Added voice lines from Ascension for Azir, Cassiopeia, Renekton, Sivir, and Xerath
- Aatrox’s taunt lines have been moved to his joke. Three of his old ultimate’s revive lines have been repurposed as his taunt.
- Fixed a Champion Select issue where trades would be cancelled if more than one trade would happen at the same time
- When Neeko takes on her allied Kayn’s appearance with Passive – Inherent Glamour, she will now properly take on the appearance of Shadow Assassin or Rhaast if he has transformed
- Lee Sin’s R – Dragon’s Rage‘s enemy-attached indicator is no longer visible through Fog of War
- Viktor’s Q – Siphon Power-empowered basic attacks are no longer able to destroy wards in two hits
- Lux’s R – Final Spark no longer goes on full cooldown when she dies during its cast
- Kled now properly gains Courage when attacking champions dismounted
- Riven’s Q – Broken Wings will now properly activate Conqueror and give her four stacks of the rune when quickly used twice on the same target
- When Fiora blocks Jhin’s basic attacks with
W – Riposte, she will no longer get a fake Caught Out mark on her from Jhin’s PoV
- Lee Sin’s W – Safeguard now properly treats allied clones as champions and shields them properly when he dashes to one
- Sett is no longer interrupted by player-generated terrain (like Jarvan’s R – Cataclysm when casting R – The Show Stopper
- Dark Star Thresh’s lantern is now properly visible after he dies and respawns
- Shaco’s clone no longer gets a burst of movement speed from Nimbus Cloak
- Rift Scuttler’s speed shrine is now properly functional outside of the Death Realm even when Mordekaiser captures the champion that killed it in his R – Realm of Death
- Miss Fortune’s Passive – Love Tap-empowered basic attacks now properly stack Conqueror
- When Warwick casts Q – Jaws of the Beast on a Sion that is about to respawn during his Passive – Glory in Death, he will no longer transport to the real Sion in the enemy fountain
- Caitlyn’s W – Yordle Snap Trap now properly empowers only one basic attack
- Shaco no longer gets a Double Kill and double the intended gold from killing with his clone and by casting E – Two-Shiv Poison in his enemy’s R – Realm of Death
- Damage caused by active items will properly proc Dark Harvest
The following skins will be released in this patch. Grab the League Displays app for full-res splash art!