We’re finally one patch away from preseason AND I CAN STOP SAYING “IT’S ALMOST TIME FOR PRESEASON.” If you’re struggling to get to Gold like I am, let this also be a warning that you only have this last patch to get there, so good luck!
Meanwhile, URF ends in 5 days! That’s right, 5 (if you include today)! If you missed the announcement on the Mid-Patch Updates in 9.21, we’re extending the duration of the game mode for 1 more day. So get your cannon on until November 9, 2019 7:00PM PT.
The bugfixes that we worked on with you during the 10-year anniversary are also going live this patch! You can read about them at the very bottom in its respective section.
As a reminder to all you ladder-climbers, the Ranked season for Summoner’s Rift will end on November 19 12:00AM PT! One-tricks, meta monsters, and Fill mains unite and get your last minute grind on for that Victorious Aatrox skin (if you’re honor level 2 or above).
W cost increased.
We’re nerfing Ashe’s early game harass so she feels a little more compelled to capitalize on the slow rather than throwing it out mostly for harass damage.
W – Volley
Q base damage decreased.
Blitzcrank is still a bit too strong after his recent changes, so we’re giving him a light touch to get him to the state we envisioned for him.
Q – Rocket Grab
These bugfixes went live in 9.21, but we’re noting them here for anyone who may have missed them!
Q – Rootcaller
Q missile damage after first hit decreased.
With this one change, we’re hitting two birds with one stone. We’re weakening Kai’Sa’s late game isolated burst damage and bolstering her opponent’s ability to push her away from minion waves in lane.
Q – Icathian Rain
W mark duration and bonus damage on marked targets increased.
While we’ve historically hesitated to put power into Kalista’s proc damage due to high limits in team coordination in solo play, we’re taking a different direction here and making the proc easier to access and amping the damage. We’re hoping this will make it better value for her at all levels of play, and help with the perception that there should be no points in it at all.
W – Sentinel
Q base damage decreased. W cost increased.
Decreasing Kayle’s laning power so she’s more vulnerable early and so it takes a bit longer before she starts bullying people around.
Q – Radiant Blast
W – Celestial Blessing
R AP ratio decreased.
We think Malphite’s tank builds are in a good place, but AP Rock can be really frustrating to play against due to the low options of counterplay against it. So we’re nerfing that specific aspect of his kit.
R – Unstoppable Force
R primary target base damage decreased.
Nautilus is too strong in all games, regardless of level, but we’re focusing the nerf this patch on the damage that is more dependent on coordination.
R – Depth Charge
Q minion damage reduction increased; execute threshold decreased. W increased dash speed from boots removed.
Pantheon persists as an overly strong (and banned) champion, especially in higher ranked games. We’re making some changes to the parts of his kit that mostly impact players in those games, mainly targeting his consistent damage and wave clear.
Q – Comet Spear
W – Shield Vault
Base AD, health regen growth, and AS growth increased. Q damage increased later. E bugfix.
Helping Sejuani boar down on enemies and rewarding her for getting into the thick of the fight.
Q – Arctic Assault
E – Permafrost
Base health regen and magic resist increased; health regen growth decreased. W cost decreased.
We recently did some work to begin addressing the difference between Sylas’ power level in pro versus solo queue. His overall power level dropped as a result, so we’re giving him some general strength. However, we don’t think we’ve entirely solved the issue, so we’ll be continuing that work in the near future.
W – Kingslayer
E width changed on base and all skins
We went through and adjusted the width of Thresh’s E on all his models, since it was inaccurate and not the best representation of its hitbox!
E – Flay
W bonus attack speed decreased.
Nerfing Xayah’s hypercarry DPS potential.
W – Deadly Plumage
- If her target dies before Caitlyn’s Energized (via items like Rapid Firecannon and Statikk Shiv) Passive – Headshot hits them, Caitlyn will no longer be damaged in their stead
- Ornn’s second R – Call of the Forge God activation now properly knocks up enemies close to it
- Gangplank’s E – Powder Keg‘s barrels no longer trigger Teemo’s R – Noxious Trap‘s shrooms
- Game invites will no longer disappear if the game owner changes modes
- Fizz’s Q – Urchin Strike now properly breaks spell shields
- Twisted Fate’s R – Destiny will no longer block projectiles (like turret or dragon attacks) if it is interrupted
- If Taric casts R – Cosmic Radiance and dies during the cast window, the cooldown will now reflect the proper time and not reflect his W – Bastion cooldown
- Rek’Sai’s R – Void Rush refund now properly and consistently works when enemy champions die during the cast and dash of the ability
- Syndra’s R – Unleashed Power HUD icon now properly shows how many Dark Spheres are available to use on cast
- Nidalee’s Q – Takedown‘s empowered basic attacks now properly deals damage to traps
- When Sion casts R – Unstoppable Onslaught out of its range, the ability will now properly cast immediately instead of after he walks into cast range
- When Q – Twin Bite is on cooldown, Shyvana’s basic attacks on structures now properly reduce the ability’s cooldown
- Rift Herald’s summon trinket now properly has the 1 second lockout period that all trinkets have to prevent accidental usage