As the mist slowly but surely corrupts Runterra, the champions take up arms to fight against the Ruination. This huge patch adds a new event game mode, Ultimate Spellbook, 7 new skins including Prestige edition for Pantheon, and a vast list of balance changes and adjustments to champions aimed at all levels of play. Let’s get to the Patch Notes!
This patch, we’re flipping over to focusing on champions. Past the usual balancing, we’ve given adjustments to four friends: a follow-up buff to a catfish, a sweeping pass to solve some persistent issues with a dancer, a helping hand for a purple doctor in the jungle, and a boost to a fawn’s solo combat. Then, we’re also bringing down the power in Stridebreaker’s slow, and giving some love to its favorite buyers (Darius and Garen) to compensate.TRICIA “MOM CAT” TAN
HANNA “SHIO SHOUJO” WOO
Passive Noxian Might bonus attack damage increased. E cooldown decreased.
With the removal of Stridebreaker’s dash in 11.13, Darius could use some help getting his enemies in position for that sweet, sweet dunk. Reverting his nerf in patch 11.2, which was a direct result of his access to a dash.
PASSIVE – HEMORRHAGE
NOXIAN MIGHT BONUS ATTACK DAMAGE:
20-205 (level 1-18) ⇒ 30-230 (level 1-18)
E – APPREHEND
26/24/22/20/18 seconds ⇒ 24/21.5/19/16.5/14 seconds
Q bonus movement speed increased. R damage from target’s missing health increased.
To adjust for changes to Garen’s most loved items this patch (Stridebreaker and Dead Man’s Plate), we’re bumping up his movement speed. We’re also adding extra oomph to his ult so that even if he can’t get to squishier targets, his ult will be more powerful against tankier frontlines.
Q – DECISIVE STRIKE
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED:
30% ⇒ 35%
R – DEMACIAN JUSTICE
DAMAGE FROM TARGET’S MISSING HEALTH:
20/25/30% ⇒ 25/30/35%
Base attack damage increased.
Buffing up Graves the only way we know how (and also, he’s been really struggling in the current meta).
66 ⇒ 68
Base movement speed increased.
With long cast times and highly-predictable plans of attack, Illaoi can’t really adapt on the fly. While immobility is an important weakness for juggernauts, this has significantly gated her performance in higher skill tiers, making her more pub stompy than is long-term healthy. With more movement speed, she’ll be more able to dodge skillshots, close gaps, and be in the right place at the right time. Overall, this should help her feel more adaptable while also leaving her in a better position for future tuning.
340 ⇒ 350
E base shield increased later.
With patch 11.13’s nerf to Shurelya’s Battlesong and the popularity of a certain snake’s tooth, Ivern has felt weaker in the jungle. We’re returning the shield power that he lost in 11.3 so that he can protect his friends (and the forest) a little better.
E – TRIGGERSEED
80/110/140/170/200 ⇒ 80/115/150/185/220
Q1 base damage increased, Q2 base damage increased later.
The nerf to Prowler’s Claw in patch 11.13 left Rek’Sai very sad. We’re giving her some direct compensation with a touch of mid-game burst.
Q – QUEEN’S WRATH
20/25/30/35/40 ⇒ 21/27/33/39/45
Q – PREY SEEKER
60/90/120/150/180 ⇒ 60/95/130/165/200
Q damage increased.
The Songstress has been feeling out of tune in both support and mid, so we’re helping her practice her scales (damage scaling, you know?) on one of her more aggressive abilities.
Q – HIGH NOTE
40/45/50/55/60% AP ⇒ 45/50/55/60/65% AP
Q cost decreased. E cost decreased.
Taric has been in a constant struggle with mana dependence this season, so we’re directly dropping his costs so he can sparkle like the enchanting jewel he is.
Q – STARLIGHT’S TOUCH
70/75/80/85/90 mana ⇒ 65/70/75/80/85 mana
E – DAZZLE
60 mana ⇒ 40 mana
Q can no longer be cast when dashing with E. R base recast damage decreased.
The last set of changes in patch 11.6 brought Akali back in line in Average and Elite levels of play, but she’s still a force to be reckoned with in the Pro scene. With this change, she’ll be slowed down before her full burst of damage, giving enemies a chance to strike back.
Q – FIVE POINT STRIKE
REMOVED DASH AND CAST: Five Point Strike can no longer be cast while dashing with E – Shuriken Flip
R – PERFECT EXECUTION
BASE RECAST MINIMUM DAMAGE:
75/145/215 ⇒ 60/130/200
BASE RECAST MAXIMUM DAMAGE:
225/435/645 ⇒ 180/390/600
Base attack damage decreased.
Karma has risen in the ranks of Pro play as a safe top or mid pick that scales well with other carries. We’re drawing back her solo lane power by lowering her ability to consistently harass and push waves against short-ranged enemies.
54 ⇒ 51
Base health reduced. Q damage ratio decreased.
Malzahar was one of the few mages that was already strong before the buffs to mana Mythics last patch. Now that we know exactly where he’s landed, we know just how much to reel him back in. We’re lowering the scaling on Malzahar’s Q so that his power continues to come from his most unique and character-defining abilities.
537 ⇒ 510
Q – CALL OF THE VOID
65% AP ⇒ 55% AP
Passive damage decreased against minions.
Nocturne has been a consistent force to be reckoned with, but the Stridebreaker reshape kicked him into overdrive. We’re nerfing Stridebreaker this patch, but we don’t expect that to fully knock him down from his pedestal, particularly in lane. One of Nocturne’s key strengths is his ability to sit in lane and sustain off of waves, shrugging off most harass that comes his way. Similar to the reasoning behind Viego’s nerf last patch, Nocturne is relying on an unhealthy pattern of resourceless sustain. He should be earning his keep instead of relying on his passive, and opponents should feel like they can make a dent in his shadows.
PASSIVE – UMBRA BLADES
NEW WAIT A MINION: Umbra Blades’ damage and healing is decreased by 50% against minions
Base health and movement speed reduced.
Whether AD or AP, Jungle Shaco is simply very strong. We’re targeting both builds by making him a little more squishy and a little less slippery, given his many tools of elusion and mayhem.
587 ⇒ 560
350 ⇒ 345
W cooldown increased later.
Xin Zhao is at the top of his game and the jungle roster, especially with recent nerfs to his competitors (Rumble and Udyr). To knock him down a peg, we’re reducing how often he’s able to threaten enemies at a distance.
W – WIND BECOMES LIGHTNING
12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds ⇒ 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Base mana reduced.
Bot Ziggs has been toeing the line for a while now, and with his 11.12 buffs, 11.13 mage item buffs, and his unending supply of bombs (where does he even pull them out from?), he’s finally crossed it. Although his buff in 11.12 lent a hand to this, we believe those changes were important to help Ziggs’ abilities deliver on their gameplay promise, so we’re opting for a nerf that should hit his bot lane early game the hardest.
480 ⇒ 420
Base attack speed increased. Passive health regen now scales; cooldown increased early. Q now heals more when it hits a monster. E now swats small monsters and does more damage to monsters.
The good doctor has been going where he pleases in top lane, but has been significantly behind in the jungle. In order to keep both roles at a similar level, we’re giving him several buffs that should help start the meatball rolling in the jungle, while also tapping down his laning power and sustain. These changes should also set him up for our next patch, where we plan to further doctor him up for all roles and skill levels.
0.67 ⇒ 0.72
PASSIVE – GOES WHERE HE PLEASES
2% of maximum health ⇒ 1-2% of maximum health (level 1-18)COOLDOWN 45-15 (level 1/3/6/8/11/13/16) ⇒ 60-15 (level 1/3/6/8/11/13/16)
Q – INFECTED BONESAW
NEW MORE MONSTERS, MORE HEALTH: Infected Bonesaw now heals for 100% of the health cost if it hits a monster (now the same as when it hits an enemy champion)
E – BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA
NEW FLY SWATTER: Small monsters are immediately sent flying away (regardless of whether it dies) BONUS DAMAGE TO MONSTERS
140% ⇒ 200% (bonus damage to minions unchanged at 140%)
Base health and magic resist decreased; health growth increased. Passive max stacks decreased, bonus attack speed per stack decreased early but increased later; empowered damage decreased. Q bonus damage to minions now scales with champion level. W damage reduction now works against magic damage; maximum damage increased. E can no longer be recast while CC’d. R has a new passive.
We’ve got a set of changes for Irelia, who’s been dealing with some long standing issues. The gist: We’re smoothing out her power curve, toning down her dominance in Pro play by giving her enemies more opportunities for counterplay, and polishing up her kit to make it feel better to play overall.
For more insight, we get into it in this Quick Gameplay Thoughts article!
580 ⇒ 520
32 ⇒ 28
95 ⇒ 110
PASSIVE – IONIAN FERVOR
5 ⇒ 4
BONUS ATTACK SPEED PER STACK:
8/12/16% (level 1/7/13) ⇒ 7.5/13.75/20% (level 1/7/13)
15-66 (+25% bonus AD) (level 1-18) ⇒ 10-61 (30% bonus AD) (level 1-18)
Q – BLADESURGE
1500 + 100% movement speed ⇒ 1400 + 100% movement speed
BONUS DAMAGE TO MINIONS:
55/75/95/115/135 ⇒ 55 (+12 per champion level)
W – DEFIANT DANCE
BASE DAMAGE REDUCTION:
50% physical ⇒ 40-80% physical, 20-40% magic (levels 1-18)
20/50/80/110/140 (100% AD) (80% AP) ⇒ 30/75/120/165/210 (150% AD) (120% AP)
E – FLAWLESS DUET
MISSILE TRAVEL TIME:
Based on distance ⇒ 0.25 seconds
REMOVED CC’D RECASTING: E can no longer be recast while affected by crowd control
R – VANGUARD’S EDGE
NEW PASSIVE: Vanguard’s Edge now reduces Q – Bladesurge’s cooldown by 0.5/1.5/2.5 seconds before ability haste
Base health regen decreased; armor increased. Passive damage increased and now heals. Q cost increased; max stacks decreased; bonus movement speed per stack decreased and lasts longer; cooldown now scales; base damage increased. W damage increased. E cooldown increased; slow is now flat; damage increased. R damage ratio increased; sleep duration decreased; slow decreased and no longer increases over the duration.
You know there’s a lot coming up when the summary line is a paragraph, so here’s the TL;DR—we’re buffing Lillia so that she’s less bashful when bonking down enemies in solo combat.
9 ⇒ 7.5
20 ⇒ 22
PASSIVE – DREAM-LADEN BOUGH
5% of target’s maximum health ⇒ 6% of target’s maximum health (1.5% per 100 AP of target’s maximum health) (capped damage against monsters unchanged)
NEW HEALLIA: Lillia heals for 12-140 (12% AP) health against champions and 18-94 (6% AP) health against large monsters over the duration of the burn damage (Lillia can only heal off of one monster at a time).
Q – BLOOMING BLOWS
45 mana ⇒ 65 mana
MAX PRANCE STACKS:
5 ⇒ 4
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED PER STACK:
7/8/9/10/11 (1% per 100 AP) ⇒ 3/4/5/6/7 (3% per 100 AP)
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED DURATION:
5 seconds ⇒ 5.5 seconds
TIME BEFORE STACK LOSS:
1 second ⇒ 1.5 seconds
4 seconds ⇒ 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
30/45/60/75/90 ⇒ 35/50/65/80/95
W – WATCH OUT! EEP!
70/85/100/115/130 (30% AP) ⇒ 70/90/110/130/150 (35% AP)
E – SWIRLSEED
12 seconds ⇒ 18 seconds
25/30/35/40/45% ⇒ 40%
70/90/110/130/150 (40% AP) ⇒ 70/95/120/145/170 (45% AP)
R – LILTING LULLABY
30% AP ⇒ 40% AP
2/2.5/3 seconds ⇒ 1.5/2/2.5 seconds
INITIAL DROWSY SLOW:
25% ⇒ 10%
REMOVED INCREASED SLOW: Lilting Lullaby’s slow no longer increases
Passive bonus damage now scales. Q now deals Passive damage to enemy champions; heal scaling updated. W cooldown refund bugfix; cooldown and mana cost refund increased. R base shield increased early; ally self slow decreased early.
One of our goals with Tahm Kench’s mini-rework in 11.13 was to get him off the “he can’t be buffed because of Pro play” bench, and to help him find more success as a support. As of right now, we suspect he’s weaker than where he should be, so we’re cautiously buffing him until we have conclusive results from Pro play.
Another goal was to push the Kench more towards support, whereas before he was mostly seen in the jungle or top lane in solo queue. He’s not seeing as much support play as we expected, so we’re adjusting his scaling to be less gold and experience dependent.
PASSIVE – AN ACQUIRED TASTE
2.5% of maximum health ⇒ 12-60 (+2.5% bonus health) (levels 1-18)
Q – TONGUE LASH
NEW AN ACQUIRED LASH: Tongue Lash now also deals damage from Passive – An Acquired Taste to enemy champions
6/7/8/9/10% of missing health ⇒ 15/20/25/30/35 (+4/4.5/5/5.5/6% of missing health)
W – ABYSSAL DIVE
UPDATED BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Abyssal Dive’s cooldown refund didn’t scale down with ability haste
COOLDOWN AND MANA COST REFUND:
30% ⇒ 40%
R – DEVOUR
300/450/600 ⇒ 400/500/600
ALLY SELF SLOW:
40/25/10% ⇒ 30/20/10%
UPDATED BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where he could Devour an enemy without full stacks of An Acquired Taste if he queued the spell before the stacks fell off
DEAD MAN’S PLATE
Dead Man’s Plate’s changes from last patch led to a win rate drop for tanks since it lost movement speed and gained damage-scaling. To offset, we’re upping its armor to give tanks more tank to tank.
40 ⇒ 45
Stridebreaker landed strong after its change last patch. One of our goals for the item was to give fighters a way to stick to a target for a period of time, but they don’t need to bring their unlucky foe to a complete standstill to do that. So we’re toning down how much it can slow, but keeping its slow over time.
Also, we did an oopsie—the changes also caused Stridebreaker to lose 5 AD on completion. That’s fixed now.
40 ⇒ 45
400 ⇒ 300
HALTING SLASH SLOW:
90%, decaying to 40% over 3 seconds ⇒ 40% for 3 seconds
DREAMSHATTER (ORNN UPGRADE) ATTACK DAMAGE:
50 ⇒ 55
DREAMSHATTER (ORNN UPGRADE) HEALTH:
500 ⇒ 400
DREAMSHATTER (ORNN UPGRADE) HALTING SLASH SLOW:
90%, decaying to 40% over 3 seconds ⇒ 40% for 3 seconds
- Q – TIME BOMB New VFX; AoE stun effects are now easier to identify
- W – REWIND New cast effect
- E – TIME WARP Cleaned up;textures adjusted to match overall changes
- R – CHRONOSHIFT Modernized to match overall changes
- SHURIMA DESERT ZILEAN Q now has a subtle sand effect
- BLOOD MOON ZILEAN Modernized R revive effect to match base changes
- SUGAR RUSH ZILEAN Modernized R revive effect to match base changes
- BASE SKIN Updated VFXs across his kit
- PROJECT: RENEKTON Fixed VFX bugs
Sentinels of Light brings a new event game mode, Ultimate Spellbook! In this mode, you’ll pick a different champion’s ultimate to use instead of a second Summoner Spell to pull off the wombo combo of your dreams!
- Ultimate Spellbook is blind pick
- Your second Summoner Spell is replaced with an Ult-ernate Summoner Spell which grants access to another champion’s ult
- When you load into game, you’ll have 30 seconds to pick from one of three ults randomly chosen from the pool below. You can’t get your own ult, and once you pick an ult it’s yours for the rest of the game.
- You can use your Ult-ernate Summoner Spell after an initial cooldown, even before hitting 6. It ranks up at levels 11 and 13, and benefits from Summoner Spell haste.
- Ults that only scale with AD now also scale with AP
- Ults that only scale with AP now also scale with AD
- Ults that only scale with Health now also scale with AD and AP
- Ults that scale with nothing continue to scale with nothing
- You can see everyone’s chosen Ult-ernate Summoner Spells on both the scoreboard and next to their health bar. Pay attention to a teal indicator that appears above champions’ heads when their Ult-ernate Summoner Spell is off cooldown.
- Ultimate Spellbook has accelerated pacing similar to that of One for All. You start at level 3 and have more starting gold. Passive XP and gold gains are increased, and you share some minion gold with teammates in lane.
- Rather than four Elemental Drakes, Ultimate Spellbook has Mordekaiser’s old drake.
- A drake will spawn every 3 and a half minutes
- Stacks grant a buff that makes auto attacks on towers apply a DoT that deals percentage health magic damage to towers
- The Soul grants the ability to reanimate on death with rapidly decaying health. This ability has a 5 minute cooldown.
- Ruination has spread to the Rift, and the map is spooky!
- For the list of available ultimates, check Riot Games’ patch notes
We’re making an under-the-hood change to move League’s penalties onto our Riot-wide system. The only immediate impact is a change to how chat restrictions work, since the Riot-wide system uses time-based restrictions.
- New chat restrictions will be issued in 3- and 7-day increments, rather than 10- and 25-game increments.
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed a bug where new players who first log in get a popup window telling them that their settings were unable to be retrieved from the server
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed a memory leak with Champion Mastery tooltips
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Banners now properly display in party lobbies
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Fixed a bug where if a player is in a spectator slot in a custom game lobby when the lobby is disbanded, they are taken to a black home screen
- Fixed a bug where Kassadin’s Passive – Void Stone and Fizz’s Passive – Nimble Fighter weren’t properly ignoring unit collision after death
- Fixed a bug where Yasuo’s E – Sweeping Blade sometimes failed to play the proper animation and ran really fast instead
- Galio is no longer able to Flash while channeling W – Shield of Durand if timed correctly with Hextech Flashtraption rune
- Chilling and Challenging Smite now properly play VFX upon smiting monsters
- Binding Anathema’s active to a target no longer counts as a spell activation
- Fixed a bug where Sylas was unable to apply stacks of Tahm Kench’s stolen ability Passive – An Acquired Taste on his enemies
- Fixed a bug where Sterak’s Gage would always activate during Sion’s Glory in Death, even if it was on cooldown
- Healing projectiles from Divine Sunderer no longer interrupts attack windups
- The debuff icon from Abyssal Mask’s passive now displays in the buff bar of the immobilized enemy champion
- Fixed a bug where purchasing Stirring Sightstone and then a Control Ward could not be undone
- Fiora’s W – Riposte sound will now play when successfully blocking non-immobilizing damage on base and all skins
- Fiora’s R – Grand Challenge success or failure sound will now play correctly on base and all skins
Leave a Reply