We’re here with another set of balance changes, several of which are continued follow-ups to the 12.10 Durability Update. Certain heals and shields are getting further adjustments, while select burst and engage mechanics will receive the little extra oomph that they needed. Champion pets can have a little durability, too.
This patch also brings back the Essence Emporium for a limited time. The Mythic Shop is also rotating for the first time ever, introducing Ashen Knight Pantheon and more. And oh, was that a chill in the air? The Snow Moon must be rising…
Brrrr, cold nights can be rough. Good thing it’s always warm and sunny in Dragonlands! Check out our first patch of the new set at the TFT patch notes here.
6/30/2022 Mid-Patch 12.12 Balances
We’re doing a handful of balance adjustments in observance of the longer-than-usual patch.
Q mana cost decreased, now increases with rank. R base damage increased.
Amumu support has all but disappeared after the heavy nerfs to his mana costs last season. We’re reverting those and giving his ult more early power to help him find some friends in bot lane again.
Q – Bandage Toss
R – Curse of the Sad Mummy
Q AP ratio increased. Tibbers base health, armor, and MR increased.
Annie’s burst builds have fallen off since the Durability Update, especially at higher levels of play. We’re making her combos a little more fire and giving Tibbers his own CDU (Cuddly Durability Update).
Q – Disintegrate
R – Summon: Tibbers
Basic attack range increased; base health regen and growth decreased. Passive stack value increased early and now reaches maximum at level 13; large minions now grant 1 stack. E base damage decreased, life steal decreased late. R bonus attack range and explosion damage based on enemy’s missing health no longer increase with rank; Void Remora health decreased early and now increases with rank.
The Empress of the Void is reigning with a bit too much terror in lower and average skill brackets. These nerfs should reduce her strength in lower levels of play to a more stable win rate across the board. A few visual updates have also been made to Bel’Veth’s true form based on player feedback!
Passive – Death in Lavender
E – Royal Maelstrom
R – Endless Banquet
Bugfixes & Updates
- Bel’Veth’s true form E – Royal Maelstrom animation has been tweaked at higher attack speeds
- Bel’Veth’s true form basic attack animation has been adjusted to swing slightly less at slower attack speeds
- Sheen will no longer proc if Bel’Veth attempts to cast Q – Void Surge in a direction that is on cooldown
- Bel’Veth’s Q – Void Surge no longer deals double the intended true damage from R – Endless Banquet‘s passive
- Fixed a bug where, if she was already in her true form, Bel’Veth would lose her health bonus upon consuming Void Coral
- Fixed a bug where, if Bel’Veth’s Void Remora attacked an undead Sion, Void Coral would spawn when his passive expired
- Fixed a bug where Bel’Veth’s true form duration sometimes failed to properly refresh upon consuming Void Coral
- Fixed a bug where Bel’Veth’s basic attack SFX were sometimes audible to enemies through Fog of War
Q base damage increased. R active base damage increased.
Blitzcrank’s engage capabilities have gathered some rust since the Durability Update. We’re making his hooks hurt more so they feel as rewarding to land as they should.
Q – Rocket Grab
R – Static Field
Passive health regen decreased. R increased base health decreased.
Mundo’s malpractice was already doing well, but now that Grievous Wound is weaker, it’s time we check his medical license. We’re nerfing him overall by lowering his healing, but the larger chunk of health missing should make his fantasy really come alive when he injects his maximum dosage.
Passive – Goes Where He Pleases
R – Maximum Dosage
Passive AD ratio decreased.
Since the Durability Update, Fiora has become extra punishing in Elite play where players who can consistently strike Vitals deal massive max health true damage. We’re toning her passive down as a result, which will also reduce her ult’s power.
Passive – Duelist’s Dance
Q standard turret base health and damage increased. E cooldown decreased.
Heimerdinger’s inventions have fallen short lately. Boosting his turrets’ health and firepower to match the Durability Update is sure to be a formula for success!
Q – H-28G Evolution Turret
E – CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade
Passive health and mana costs reduced. E base shield increased. Daisy base health, armor, and MR increased.
The Durability Update wasn’t so friendly to our friend of the forest. These buffs should return some of his early gank power by a lot. Oh, and Daisy gets a base stat gift, too!
Passive – Friend of the Forest
E – Triggerseed
R – Daisy!
W bonus move speed and slow decreased. E shield decreased.
Janna is still too strong across the board. Her biggest vulnerability should be when she gets caught, so we’re nerfing her wind speed and defensive spells to make her easier to punish.
W – Zephyr
E – Eye Of The Storm
Mana growth increased. Passive cooldown now decreases with levels.
Jarvan IV wasn’t the hardest hit by the Durability update, but his sustained damage output hasn’t been left unscathed. We’re letting him get a few more rotations in now that bursting enemies has gotten much harder,
Passive – Martial Cadence
Passive AD ratio decreased. E base damage increased, AD ratio decreased. R attack speed ratio increased, on-hit effectiveness increased.
Bruiser and tank builds shouldn’t work well on someone like Katarina, a hyper-mobile resetting assassin. We’re making some slight adjustments to discourage only those itemizations.
Passive – Voracity
E – Shunpo
R – Death Lotus
Base AD decreased. Q base damage decreased late.
Lucian’s been shining in Pro bot lanes since before MSI and has continued to do so, even after the Durability Update. We’re tapping down his strong early damage so the Sentinel of Light isn’t so blinding in lane.
Q – Piercing Light
E cooldown reduced early and no longer decreases with rank. Slow/stun duration increased.
Seraphine hasn’t been making soundwaves, so we’re boosting her CC to help her captivate her enemies.
E – Beat Drop
Base health growth and armor growth decreased. Q AD ratio increased. W AP ratio increased. E AD and AP ratios increased.
Shaco’s been struggling in a world with more durable playthings, especially with his traditional burstier builds. He already has quite a bit of survivability with his tricks, so we’re trading some of his durability for more burst. This should open up those high-risk, high-reward builds once again, adding to his diverse itemization options. (As a reminder, his Q and E can deal additional damage with his Passive – Backstab bonus.)
Q – Deceive
W – Jack In The Box
E – Two-Shiv Poison
W slow decreased early, increased late, and now increases with rank. R bonus stats decreased early and increased late.
Singed mid has always been quite strong, but the recent systemic changes have thrown him just over the edge into OP territory. We’re nerfing his early run-at-you power so his squishier lane opponents have a chance to escape (or at least fight back).
W – Mega-Adhesive
R – Insanity Potion
R base heal increased, but no longer removes Grievous Wounds.
We buffed Soraka’s ult back in 11.18, letting it remove Grievous Wounds to give her some hope against the 60% reduced healing effect. Now that GW is weaker, we’re okay with letting it serve its original purpose.
R – Wish
Passive heal decreased. W while casting E no longer instantly stealths. R damage against most wounded or closest enemy decreased.
Viego’s been sitting on the jungle throne for a little too long, especially in Pro play. We’re curbing the king’s reset potential and giving laners more opportunity to react to his ganks.
Passive – Sovereign’s Domination
E – Harrowed Pass
R – Heartbreaker
Mist Walker base health and move speed increased. Maiden of the Mist base health increased; target range based on E decreased.
Yorick’s Mist Walkers and Maiden of the Mist are also getting a slight base stat package to help them keep up with the Durability Update. We’re also adding a few tweaks to make Yorick’s spectral army a bit more ghastly when positioned correctly. Namely, the Maiden won’t wander too far when moving toward marked targets.
Passive – Shepherd of Souls
R – Eulogy of the Isles
Passive shield increased. E base heal decreased, bonus move speed increased.
As this chapter of the Durability Update comes to an end, Yuumi’s heals are still a bit too strong right meow. Her power level at large isn’t crossing the line, so we’re just shifting some of it around.
Passive – Bop ‘n’ Block
E – Zoomies
Health regen growth increased. W base damage increased, AD and AP ratios decreased.
Zeri’s W damage was a bit shocking with the crit multiplier, so we’re nerfing that and compensating with a little regen boost.
W – Ultrashock Laser
We’re adding some ability haste into Night Harvester’s build path to match its buff last patch.
Serpent’s Fang was reducing shields by a lot more than intended thanks to a bug. We expect the fix will lead to a nontrivial nerf, so we’re calling it out here instead.
On the contrary, Shadowflame was underperforming due to a different bug that mitigated its damage based on the very magic resistance it was supposed to ignore. This fix should actually result in a slight buff for the item.
We’re nerfing Predator’s early power as it tends to really hurt some lanes before enemies get a reasonable chance at counterplay, and compensating its late game to even things out.
The Essence Emporium returns from June 28 to July 12. Head to the store to use Blue Essence to nab chromas, ward skins, emotes, icons, and more, including Emporium exclusives like the URFWick skin!
IMPORTANT: After this run, the Essence Emporium is going on hiatus while we rebuild it. Right now, running the Emporium is so inefficient it causes delays and feature cuts in other projects like events and missions. Beyond making the Emporium more efficient to run, we’re also exploring navigation and usability improvements for when (not if) it returns. Be sure to spend all your Blue Essence during this Emporium!
To make up for this hiatus, we’re shifting the three Gemstone icon bundles into a chain of three missions (matchmade SR or ARAM). This will be free for all players, granting 10 Mythic Essence each for a total of 30.
We’re adding a new type of content to the Mythic Shop: Mythic Chromas, available for 40 Mythic Essence! The first Mythic Chroma is for Final Boss Veigar, available during patches 12.12 through 12.13.
Mythic Chromas update a skin’s VFX in addition to its model. They’re launching for Legendary skins as well as Mythic skins like the Ashen Knights. (Ashen Knight Pyke and Ashen Knight Pantheon’s Emberwoken chromas will receive updated VFX in patch 12.18.)
Mythic Shop Rotation
The Mythic Shop is rotating for the first time and we’re settling into the normal rotation cadence:
Muting a player during Champ Select will now carry over to in-game and End of Game. (This also means that muting someone in-game will carry over to End of Game.) Additionally, individual players’ mute status can now be viewed and toggled in the End of Game screen.
Team formation for the second weekend of Demacia Clash starts on June 20, and the tournaments are on June 25 and 26.
We’ve updated the way certain challenges detect which lane you play on Summoner’s Rift to be more accurate! We’ve also added the following new challenges.
- ARAM Legend: Go Legendary in ARAM games
- The Jukes!: Dodge five skillshots within eight seconds
- It was a… Near-Hit: Dodge skillshots in ARAM
- Legendary Legend: Become Legendary
- Who Needs ‘Em: Win games despite an AFK teammate
- Shell Collecting: Take down Rift Heralds
- Right Under Their Noses: Recall while unseen by a nearby enemy champion
- Get On My Level: Get takedowns shortly after gaining a level advantage
- Nowhere is Safe: Take down enemy champions in their fountain
- Style: Earn Challenge Points from the Style capstone
Bugfixes & Updates
- Re-enabled the “Farm Champs Not Camps” challenge
- Re-enabled the “Leading By Example” challenge
- Added Qiyana to the “Where’d They Go?” and “It Has ‘Ultimate’ In the Name!” challenges
- Added Renata Glasc to “Hold That Pose”, “They Just… Don’t… DIE!”, “We Protec”, and “It Has ‘Ultimate’ In the Name!” challenges
- “The Disrespect” challenge description has been updated for clarity
- Progress bars have been fixed and will properly display your progress on Challenges
- Fixed a bug where some challenge titles did not match their actual names
- Switching tabs in the Challenges Collection Page now scrolls you back to the top
- Challenge Leaderboards now properly abbreviate numbers
- Fixed a bug where the “Prodigy” challenge would sometimes fail to progress upon getting multi-kills at the same time
Bugfixes & QoL Changes
- Sona can no longer gain an additional Passive – Power Chord-empowered basic attack by casting an ability immediately after another empowered basic attack
- Doran’s Ring’s Drain passive has been restored and will properly regenerate health if you already have full mana
- Fixed a bug where, if Olaf hit a Blast Cone while his R – Ragnarok was active, he would not get knocked back by it
- Olaf’s W – Tough It Out basic attack reset will interact with Hail of Blades properly (similar to Jax’s W – Empower, allowing up to 4 basic attacks empowered by the rune) stacks
- Fixed a bug where Olaf’s E – Reckless Swing could heal towers if he casted it on the same target that the tower was last hitting
- Fixed a bug where casting Lux’s R – Final Spark as Sylas would incorrectly cost him mana
- Fixed a bug where Wukong’s Q – Crushing Blow would not grant Tear of the Goddess stacks
- Champion-created clones can no longer apply the burn effect from Emberknife and Hailblade’s Sear passive
- Fixed a bug where Evenshroud’s Coruscation passive would incorrectly also count as a slow
- Fixed a bug where the VFX for Banshee’s Veil and Edge of Night would sometimes not be visible
- Several VFX (Everfrost) and SFX (Ornn’s E – Searing Charge, Crown of the Shattered Queen, Dead Man’s Plate, Turbo Chemtank, Zhonya’s Hourglass, and Stopwatch) have been fixed and will no longer be visible or audible through Fog of War
- Fixed a bug where Sion, Karthus, and Kog’Maw’s corpses would have active unit collision after their passives expired (i.e. could cause minion blocking)
- Fixed a bug where double digit KDAs would sometimes display incorrectly on the scoreboard
- Fixed a bug where error text would sometimes appear in party lobbies upon hitting the Find Match button
- Fixed a bug where the Season Split Start modal would incorrectly display Victorious Morgana
- Syndra, Rell, and Nautilus’ Champion Select role tags have been fixed
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released in this patch:
The following chromas will be released this patch:
Leave a Reply