Patch 9.19 notes
Similar to our philosophy for last year’s Worlds patch, we’ve been making steady changes throughout the last few patches as to not completely throw everything in flux and have the pros invalidate whatever playbooks they’ve been developing for the most exciting event of the year. More than completely neutralizing top priority picks, we’ve been working on elevating more champions to competitive viability and are continuing that work in 9.19.
This change process has resulted in smaller buffs or a couple of impactful nerfs across a slew of champions and more pro-focused changes that should even out the scales and create fun, diverse, and impactful picks for the next few weeks of Worlds games.
On to the changes!
Hanna “shio shoujo” Woo
Championship Ryze, Valiant Sword Riven, Majestic Empress Morgana, and Splendid Staff Nami will be available on September 26, 2019.
Q minion damage reduction decreased.
We overnerfed Aatrox in 9.18 and are giving back some of the waveclear he lost.
Q – The Darkin Blade
R2 max damage increased.
We also overnerfed Akali in 9.18. With her ultimate now sufficiently gated, we’re returning some of the damage.
R – Perfect Execution
E movement speed increased; cooldown now scales.
Following up on the 9.18 changes since we ended up going with a more conservative approach than necessary.
E – Molten Shield
Passive slow increased. Q now an auto attack reset.
Increasing Ashe’s utility so she can be considered a good pick when a player wants to run down opponents in the early game. In addition, we’re returning the full auto attack reset to her Q. We’ve decided that the minimal gameplay gains weren’t worth the adverse effect on the satisfaction of playing Ashe.
Passive – Frost Shot
Q – Ranger’s Focus
Q range increased. R max stacks increased.
Blitzcrank is the Hook and should always be even as we release other champions who just happen to have hooks in their abilities alongside other things.
Q – Rocket Grab
R – Static Field
Q can now hit turrets and wards. E2 can now crit turrets.
Fiora’s in an acceptable place when it comes to matchups in lane, but she struggles to convert her lane victories into game victories.
Q – Lunge
E – Bladework
W cooldown increased; damage ratio decreased.
Gragas has been dominating the pro meta for a while, so we’re nerfing his clear speed.
W – Drunken Rage
Base attack damage increased. Rounding out some other base stats.
We’re giving Graves some more reliable power via his base attack damage so he feels generally stronger at all points of a game. Also rounding out some other stats since we’re here!
Q and R turret AP ratio increased. E stun duration increased.
Buffing Heimerdinger all-around since he’s on the weaker side.
Q – H-28G Evolution Turret
E – CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade
R – H28Q Apex Turret
Q1 AP ratio decreased.
Nerfing Karma’s non-support damage so she isn’t so strong as a blind pick generalist. Teams will now have to consider losing a considerable amount of damage if they want to pick her.
Q – Inner Flame
W shield from damage dealt increased. Spectators can now see champions in the Death Realm as spirits.
Lightly buffing Mordekaiser in a way that might be most felt in pro games.
W – Indestructible
R – Realm of Death
R damage increased.
Orianna is feeling generally weak right now so we’re powering up her ultimate for the sweet wombo combos.
R – Command: Shockwave
Free Masterwork upgrades happen earlier.
Making Ornn’s unique attributes happen earlier in the game.
Passive – Living Forge
Base magic resist decreased. W empowered damage now scales.
More follow-up post release on the stronk man.
W – Shield Vault
Base armor increased. Unburrowed Q now works on turrets.
We’re making Rek’Sai’s auto attacks work the way players expect them along with some more durability.
Q – Queen’s Wrath
Q cooldown increased. E cooldown decreased.
Our last few Riven changes didn’t hit the results we were looking for, disproportionately weakening the players who are newer to her and don’t have the same level of familiarity. We’re trying again by reverting back to her pre-9.9 state and adding a simpler nerf to her E instead.
Q – Broken Wings
E – Valor
Passive damage ratio flattened.
Sejuani’s damage is very high when considering all of the utility she has, especially in pro play. We’re nerfing her dueling power and mid-game damage.
Passive – Fury of the North
W base shield increased.
Sion is unusually weak in skilled play. We’re buffing his on-demand shielding, since this is more helpful in higher-level play.
W – Soul Furnace
Base armor and armor growth decreased. Passive damage ratio adjusted.
One of Sylas’ main strengths lies in his generalist kit and high AoE power from his very reliable passive. This combination created no-fail situations which led to Sylas’ 3-role, omnipresent, pro flex status.
So basically, we’re nerfing him so he’s not 100% pick-ban at Worlds.
Passive – Petricite Burst
E’s Grey Health heal now scales.
Tahm Kench is one of the best champs for protecting teammates from being picked off by enemies, and he should therefore be more
vulnerable to poke.
E – Thick Skin
E attack speed increased; base damage increased.
Buffing TF in a way so he’s better in the match-ups that favor him, but that preserve his existing vulnerabilities to ranged champions.
E – Stacked Deck
R base AD increased.
Vayne is still a tad weak after the last round of buffs, so we’re giving her more late-game power.
R – Final Hour
E cooldown decreased later.
Despite Veigar’s scaling nature, his contributions to teamfights struggle to keep pace with what’s necessary in the late game, so we’re buffing the ability that helps out the most in those situations.
E – Event Horizon
Passive base heal increased. Q base damage increased later.
Xin could use some love after the Scuttler changes decreased his early game power value so we’re helping out.
Passive – Determination
Q – Three Talon Strike
Q slow strength now flattened, duration decreased, no longer decays over time.
Yuumi has been a fuzzy menace in the pro scene, so we’re nerfing one of the more pro-impacting elements of her kit.
Q – Prowling Projectile
Bloblets restore more health.
With more value on his bloblets, Zac should be able to scale better into late game and feel more satisfaction in this unique part of his kit.
R – Let’s Bounce!
We’ve removed “The” from some item names and descriptions!
- Black Cleaver
- Black Spear
- Dark Seal
- Hex Core mk1 and mk2
- Obsidian Cleaver
- Fixed a bug where Ultimate Hunter would not reduce Kayle’s R – Divine Judgement‘s cooldown
- Fixed a bug where Rakan’s self-only R marker would display in Spectator Mode
- Adjusted the default keybindings for some pings (“This is warded” moved to H, “Hold position” moved to J)
- Tibbers will properly draw turret aggro onto Annie if he deals damage to an enemy champion under turret
- Illaoi is properly able to cast W – Harsh Lesson even when Grounded
- Shyvana no longer loses her gained movement speed from W – Burnout when transforming via R – Dragon’s Descent
- Yasuo is no longer able to cast R – Last Breath onto a non-knocked up target who’s just been hit with Ornn’s R – Call of the Forge God
- When Taunted or Silenced, Shyvana’s Q – Twin Bite‘s empowered attack properly launches onto the target before being consumed
- Increased the recast lockout time for Pantheon’s E – Aegis Assault so spamming the key doesn’t accidentally, almost instantly, cancel the ability
The following skins will be released this patch. Grab the League Displays app for full-res splash art!
Majestic Empress Morgana
Splendid Staff Nami
Valiant Sword Riven
Valiant Sword Riven Prestige Edition
Teamfight Tactics patch 9.19 notes
BY RIOT BEERNANA
Hey Tacticians, welcome to the Teamfight Tactics patch 9.19 notes.
It’s a big one this week headlined by the introduction of Kai’Sa and the new Sparring Glove items. We’re also making a few small adjustments to the new mystery box system, overall we like the way it’s change the game it just needed a few tuning tweaks. We also made a few changes to breathe life into two underperforming Tier 5 champions, Anivia and Miss Fortune. Finally, the first version of match history will make it live sometime later this patch, it’s only the bare minimum right now but we’ll be adding features over the next few patches.
Take this portal if you’re looking for League’s patch notes!
Now, let’s get into it.
- Origin: Void
- Class: Ranger
- Class: Assassin
- Cost: 5
- Health: 700
- Armor: 20
- Attack Damage: 55
- Attack Speed: 1.25
- Starting/Total Mana: 50/125
- Ability: Killer Instinct – Kai’Sa dashes to the furthest enemy unit, shielding herself for (300/600/900) and gaining (30%/60%/90%) attack speed for 3 seconds.
- New Component: Gives +10% Critical Strike chance and +10% chance to Dodge chance.
- When building an item out of Sparring Gloves, the item will convert its core stats to either the offensive (20% Critical Strike chance), defensive (20% Dodge chance) option. Thief’s Gloves and Mittens get both.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + B.F. Sword
- Stats: 20% Critical Strike chance
- Effect: +150% Critical Strike damage
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Recurve Bow
- Effect: On death, this jumps to an allied champion and grants an additional 20% Attack Speed & Critical Strike chance.
- Recipe Sparring Gloves + Needlessly Large Rod
- Effect: Your spells can crit
Hand of Justice
- Recipe:Sparring Gloves + Tear of the Goddess
- Effect: On round start, either gain 40% more damage or 40 life on hit.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Chain Vest
- Effect: On dodge, create an expandable zone that lowers Attack Speed by 35%.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Negatron Cloak
- Effect: When CC’d, cleanse the CC. 5 second cooldown.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Giant’s Belt
- Effect: On combat begin, gain a spell shield. When it breaks, stun the champion who broke the shield.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Sparring Gloves
- Effect: This item takes all three item slots. On round begin, copy two random items.
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Spatula
- Effect: This champ also counts as a Yordle
- Recipe: B.F. Sword + B.F. Sword
- Effect: On a kill or assist, gain an additional 15 Attack Damage until end of combat (Stacks infinitely).
- Recipe: B.F. Sword + Recurve Bow
- Effect: Attacks deal an additional 5% enemy max Health as True Damage.
Player Damage Adjustments
With the loot changes, we’ve noticed a slight acceleration in game speed leading to players going out much quicker than we intend. So we’re lowering player damage slightly.
- 1 Star, Tier 2: 2 ⇒ 1
- 2 Star, Tier 2: 3 ⇒ 2
- 3 Star, Tier 1: 4 ⇒ 3
- 3 Star, Tier 2: 5 ⇒ 4
- 3 Star Tier 3: 6 ⇒ 5
Mystery Box System Adjustments
The new system has been a positive addition to the game, but needs some fine tuning, so we’re making a few adjustments.
- Common boxes average gold value decreased.
- Uncommon boxes average gold value decreased very slightly.
- Slightly lowered the odds of Gold Boxes showing up.
- Tier 4 units can no longer drop from Uncommon boxes.
- Slightly increased the odds of Neeko’s Help dropping from all boxes
Due to how easy it is to get Magic Resist and the lack of options on how to play around it, we’re lowering the strength of Dragon & Dragon’s Claw.
- Dragon (2): 83% Magic Reduction ⇒ 75% Magic Reduction
Glacial Procs are a little too powerful, so we’re making a similar consistency change that we did to Swordbreaker and applying it to Glacial.
- Glacial Stun duration: 2sec ⇒ 1.5sec
- Glacial Stun chance: 20/30/45 ⇒ 20/33/50
With the addition of Kai’Sa, we wanted to lower the power of the early Void. However, we still want to open up more build options and reward those who fully commit to the void.
- (2) One random void champion deals true damage this combat
- (4) All your void champions deal true damage this combat
We’ve removed RFC’s ability to ignore dodges, so now it only exists on Wild. Because of that, we’re pulling a bit of power back out of Yordle. The introduction of mittens also means we’re adding a new 9 piece chase option.
- Yordle Dodge chance: 35%/60% ⇒ 30%/60%/90%
General Trait Adjustments
- Assassin: (3) 75% Crit damage & 10% Crit chance / (6) 150% Crit damage & 25% Crit chance / (9) 225% Crit damage & 40% Crit chance ⇒ (3) 75% Crit damage & 10% Crit chance / (6) 150% Crit damage & 20% Crit chance / (9) 225% Crit damage & 30% Crit chance
- Ninja Attack Damage and Ability Power: 50/70 ⇒ 50/80
- Noble: 25 Heal on hit ⇒ 30 Heal on hit
- Shapeshifter Bonus Health: 60%/120% ⇒ 60%/100%
- Ranger: 30%/70% ⇒ 25%/70%
Anivia has been underperforming for a 5 cost, so we’re changing her identity to be a strong unit that slows the attack speed of the back line.
- Health: 700 ⇒ 750
- Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.8
- Starting/Total Mana: 0/100 ⇒ 50/125
- Ability Targeting: Random ⇒ Furthest Target
Kassadin has proven problematic as a dps champ who can also gain a shield and also drain mana. We’re shifting his identity into a front-line sorcerer and pulling out some of the damage.
- Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 40
- Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.55
- Armor: 25 ⇒ 35
- Mana Steal & Shield Power: 20/40/60 ⇒ 25/50/75
We’re adjusting Miss Fortune to be a powerful auto attacker for gunslingers who rarely casts. When she does cast, it’s a big one!
- Health: 700 ⇒ 750
- Attack Speed: 0.85 ⇒ 0.95
- Mana: 0/75 ⇒ 0/150
- Ability Damage: 900/1300/1700 ⇒ 1300/2000/2700
- Ability Targeting: Current Target ⇒ Furthest Target
- Mordekaiser Mana: 0/100 ⇒ 50/150
- Mordekaiser Spell Damage: 200/325/450 ⇒ 250/500/750
- Tristana Spell Damage: 60/90/120 ⇒ 70/110/150
- Blitzcrank Health: 600 ⇒ 650
- Blitzcrank Ability Damage: 100/450/800 ⇒ 250/550/850
- Braum Mana: 0/50 ⇒ 0/75
- Rek’Sai AS: 0.65 ⇒ 0.6
- Ashe Mana: 0/100 ⇒ 0/125
- Katarina Dmg Per Tick: 40/60/80 ⇒ 45/70/95
- Shyvana Burn Damage: 250/375/500 ⇒ 200/300/400
- Veigar Spell Dmg: 300/550/800 ⇒ 350/650/950
- Vi Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Vi Spell Damage: 250/450/650 ⇒ 300/500/700
- Volibear Health: 700 ⇒ 750
- Volibear Attack Damage: 75 ⇒ 70
- VolibearAttack Speed: 0.55 ⇒ 0.6
- Akali Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.85
- Gnar Health: 750 ⇒ 700
- Gnar Transform Health: 300/600/900 ⇒ 250/450/650
- Jinx Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Kindred Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Kindred Ability Duration: 4/5/6 ⇒ 3/4/5
- Sejuani Health: 850 ⇒ 800
- Sejuani Stun Duration: 2/4/6 ⇒ 2/3.5/5
- Swain Damage per tick: 50/100/150 ⇒ 40/80/120
- Swain Heal per tick: 40/70/100 ⇒ 30/60/90
- Yasuo Health: 700 ⇒ 750
- Dragon’s Claw: 83% Magic Reduction ⇒ 75% Magic Reduction
- Frozen Heart: 30% Attack Speed Slow ⇒ 35% Attack Speed Slow
- Infinity Edge: +200% Critical Damage ⇒ +150% Critical Damage
- Rapidfire Cannon: No longer grants “Your attacks can’t be dodged”
- Titanic Hydra: 10% Max Health in a splash ⇒ 3% Max Health to target and adjacent enemies behind them.
- Zephyr: Now is a Unique item
- Gangplank and Akali now have proper move speed.
- Ranger’s Focus now properly grants 100% extra attack speed.
- Ranger’s Focus can no longer stack on itself.
- Matchmaking is less streaky.
- Shyvana’s ability tooltip no longer says she prevents healing.
- Elise Spiderlings now have the correct stats.
- The range of Lucian’s ability will always equal his attack range.
Worlds Pick’em is Coming!
Pick’em is returning for the 2019 World Championship! Go head-to-head against friends, casters and the rest of the League community to see who really knows their stuff or is blessed with luck. If your picks pan out, you’ll walk away with an exclusive Pick’em Poro icon and if you’re actually a prophet and get every single pick correct, you’ll snag every Ultimate skin in the game!
Pick’em will be live for the Group Stage and Knockout Stage, and each stage will have a corresponding in-game mission.
- Group Stage: Brackets and mission available on October 9 at 11:00 AM PT. Mission must be completed before the start of Group Stage games on October 11 at 11:00 PM PT.
- Knockout Stage: Brackets and mission available on October 21 at 11:00 AM PT. Mission must be completed before the start of Knockout Stage games on October 25 at 11:00 PM PT.
Pick’em Poro Icon
A new Poro summoner icon is up for grabs… if you do well enough! If you score at least 34 points during Pick’em, you’ll receive the Worlds Pick’em Master Poro icon.
Simply completing your brackets for Group Stage and Knockouts will reward 500 Blue Essence each!
If you’re the kind of person who crits 100% of the time with Brawler’s Gloves and can see through time and space, you’ll be rewarded with all Ultimate skins for getting every single pick correct! This includes: Elementalist Lux, Pulsefire Ezreal, Spirit Guard Udyr, DJ Sona, and Gun Goddess Miss Fortune.
Head over to pickem.lolesports.com or log into League of Legends and check out your missions on October 9 to get in on the Group Stage action, and remember to return for Knockout Stage picks on October 21!