Back in March, we said our rare and exclusive content update was still targeting later in 2021.
So…. yeah. About that.
Some of the folks working on this update have moved onto other teams who also have big needs. It’s the right call to make sure we get as much out to y’all as possible across all Riot’s games, but it means we’re pushed back again into 2022. This is more of an inside look than we usually provide, but given our repeated challenges, we want to be as clear as possible with you about what’s going on.
The upside is that 2020 Prestige Points will extend through the end of 2021—yes, we realize that at this point we could’ve just made a 2021 version. Those of you who complete all 2020 and 2021 Event Pass milestone missions will have earned 400 Prestige Points in total. The final Prestige Point shop has been moved back to December, when you’ll have access to the full set of 2020 and 2021 prestige skins (five more than if we had run the shop next month).
By the way, here’s the full list of champs getting Prestige skins for 2021:
- Lunar Beast Fiora
- Space Groove Lulu
- PROJECT: Sylas
- Ruined Pantheon (on PBE, releasing patch 11.14)
- LeBlanc (for a previously released skin)
- Battle Academia Leona
- Conqueror Jax
- PROJECT: Zed
- Morgana (for a previously released 975 RP skin; the Prestige version will have additional features relative to base to ensure it’s of equal value as Prestige versions of 1350 RP skins)
Because of the latest time shift, we still can’t share a full rundown of the rare and exclusive content update, but we’ve been eager to tell you something. So, here are a few tidbits:
- The proper name of the update is the “Mythic Content Overhaul” based on the Mythic tier of skins.
- We know Gemstones and Hextech skins need some modernization, so we’ll be transitioning Gemstones to a new rare (Mythic-themed) currency and releasing more exclusive content for it.
- The new system will include a way to, over a long period of time, unlock a Prestige skin without spending any money.
Fingers crossed this is our last delay, but just to be safe… everything here is subject to change, pending further unplanned shifts.