TLDR: We’re sharing the list of champions receiving Prestige Edition skins through the end of the year. We’re working on stuff that’ll cost fewer than 100 Prestige Points. All Event Prestige skins released in 2020 will be available for Prestige Points at the end of next year.
Hey everyone! It’s been a few months since we’ve shared an update on Prestige. Since then, we’ve been keeping an eye (ear?) out for more ways to make the system better for you. Here are some of the most common questions we’ve heard, and what we’re doing about them.
I don’t know if my champ is getting a Prestige skin this year, which makes it hard to tell what I should spend my event tokens / Prestige Points on.
We agree that you should be able to use your event tokens and Prestige Points with confidence that you’re unlocking the skin you’ll enjoy most, so here’s more information on all of the Prestige skins that’ll be coming out throughout the rest of 2019. No spoilers on as-of-yet-unrevealed thematics, but…
Upcoming 2019 Prestige Point skin champions (in order of appearance)
- Miss Fortune
Upcoming 2019 Event Prestige skin champions (in order of appearance)
- Valiant Sword Riven (debuting soon during 9.19!)
- Lee Sin
We’ll be back next year with a list of upcoming 2020 Prestige Editions.
If I end 2019 with fewer than 100 Prestige Points, what can I do with them?
Not all players will end the year with 100 Prestige Points and we want to make sure that everyone can get as much value as possible regardless of their Prestige Point totals. We’re working on new Prestige Point content for lower point costs, similar to the stuff you see in event shops. Here’s our current plan for what those options will be:
- PROJECT 2019 Jackpot Bag – 50 PP
- Contains 3 skin shards of the same tier (750 RP, 975 RP, 1350 RP, or 1820 RP) and 1050 Orange Essence
- Revel Grab Bag – 50PP
- Contains a 520 RP skin shard, 750 RP skin shard, 975 RP skin shard, 1350 RP skin shard, and 1820 RP skin shard
- Arcade 2019 Jackpot Bag – 50PP
- Contains 3 legacy skin shards (one guaranteed 975 RP or higher) and 1520 Orange Essence
- Exclusive Animated Emote – 25 PP
- Exclusive Ward Skin – 15 PP
- Exclusive Icon – 10 PP
- Event Icons from past 100 Prestige Point bundles – 5 PP
- Hextech Key – 3 PP
- 30 Orange Essence – 1 PP
Reminder that any points you don’t spend will go away when Prestige Points reset on January 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT.
Why can’t I use Prestige Points to purchase Event Prestige skins?
We’ve seen a lot of confusion around why Prestige Points can’t be used to purchase Event Prestige skins. Some players come back to League and learn they missed out on an Event Prestige skin for their main. Others accumulate lots of Prestige Points but prefer event token skins to Prestige Point options. Here’s our plan for addressing this in 2020. Let us know what you think:
- At the end of next year, all 2020 Event Prestige skins released through Worlds 2020 will be temporarily available for 100 Prestige Points each.
- We’re recognizing players who were there for 2020 events by reserving the Prestige border for Event Prestige unlocks made during events with event tokens. These players will also get an exclusive icon.
- Crafting an Event Prestige skin with Prestige Points at the end of the year will not award the border or icon.
- Similarly, getting a 2020 Prestige skin by re-rolling three skin shards or upgrading a lucky skin shard drop from Hextech Crafting will not award the border or icon.
- Unlocking Prestige Point skins with Prestige Points will still grant a Prestige border. They’ll also grant an exclusive icon.
- Same rules apply here: re-rolling or getting a drop via Hextech Crafting will not award the border or icon.
- All Prestige skins released before 2020 will still include their border if obtained via re-roll or Hextech Crafting drop.
- In January 2021 when 2020 Prestige Points expire and the 2020 Prestige skins leave the Prestige Point shop, all 2020 Prestige skins will become permanently unobtainable outside of Hextech Crafting drops or re-rolls.
These changes won’t retroactively apply to Event Prestige skins released during 2018 and 2019. Players who unlocked those skins did so with the expectation that event tokens would be the only way to get them, and we wanted to respect those players’ investments.
Thanks for all of your feedback thus far about Prestige. We’ll be back with more information on 2020 plans early next year!
League of Legends Teamfight Tactics
AVAILABLE ON PC
For a limited time only, get a special Little Legends Twin Egg containing two random Little Legends
**A Twitch Prime Account age 13+ and a League of Legends Account are required to take advantage of this offer. The first loot capsule must be redeemed between 9/18/2019 and 10/28/2019. The second loot capsule must be claimed between 10/28/2019 and 12/3/2019. Gifting of additional reward via Twitch’s channel gifting system is only available during the specific gifting promotional window of 10/10/2019 to 10/28/2019. This offer can only be claimed once per each Twitch Prime and League of Legends Account. These rewards are available for League of Legends accounts excluding those on the following servers: Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore/Malaysia, Taiwan, and all servers in China. For more details, see the FAQs
Read More: Here
Star Guardian Miss Fortune is a hot-headed gunslinger, renowned across the galaxy as a monster. The second-in-command of Ahri’s team now fights as a seeker of vengeance.
Channel Miss Fortune’s power with this Official Star Guardian tee.
Buy it: Here
Star Guardian Ezreal is a born explorer with boundless curiosity. The universe is his uncharted map, the stars his destination.
Channel Ezreal’s power with this Official Star Guardian tee.
Buy it: Here
Star Guardian Syndra guides Ahri’s Star Guardian team to a promising future with her immense power, experience, and ambition.
Channel Syndra’s power with this Official Star Guardian tee.
Buy it: Here
Star Guardian Soraka is a gentle soul with a mysterious origin among the stars. She protects her team with immense healing power, unparallelled by any other Guardian the team has encountered.
Channel Soraka’s power with this Official Star Guardian tee.
Buy it: Here
Star Guardian Ahri is the charismatic captain of her team – viciously protecting her “family”. Her strong desire burns within her to ensure no one she cares for ever fades away again.
Channel Ahri’s power with this Official Star Guardian tee.
Buy it: Here
Find more Products: Here