We’re updating pricing in some regions on September 8th.SMILEYJOE
Welcome to our cover of Riot Games’ small but informative article regarding price changes for certain regions, as well as global bonus currency event that will be starting on August 23rd around 1:00 PM PDT (change may take an hour to complete) and will last until September 8th, 1:00 PM PDT.
“TL;DR: We’re updating our pricing for some regions for Teamfight Tactics and League of Legends on September 8th.
- Brazil, Latin America, Russia, and Turkey will see increased prices due to exchange rates and tax changes.
- From August 23rd to September 8th, players will receive double Bonus Currency from all virtual currency purchases.”
Periodically Riot evaluates global pricing and makes adjustments to account for changes in currency fluctuations, taxation, and regional discrepancies. These changes can be both increases or decreases.
This year, we’re making changes to pricing in Brazil, Latin America, Russia, and Turkey. Below you’ll find the changes that will take effect on September 8th across League of Legends (including Teamfight Tactics).
Before this goes live, we’re doubling the Bonus Currency you get with each purchase from August 23rd to September 8th regardless of whether you’re impacted by the price changes.”
League of Legends (including Teamfight Tactics) Price Changes:
- Brazil: +15% average price increase
- Chile: +9% average price increase
- Colombia: +9% average price increase
- Costa Rica: +9% average price increase
- Mexico: +10% average price increase
- Peru: +17% average price increase
- Russia: +7% average price increase
- Turkey: +17% average price increase
- Uruguay: +16% average price increase
In the meantime, check out our articles about the recent resurrection of the glorious Pentakill!