And why stop with reading patch 12.13? Make sure to check in on the sizeable changes that we shipped during our mid-week update, they truly were impactful! As for these notes, we’re reducing game time slightly, improving the Carousel experience in Double Up, reworking Aurelion Sol, and shipping a whole lot of balance changes! Let’s get into it!
In order to reduce the total game time slightly, the following changes have been made:
- Stage 2-1, 3-2, and 4-2 (Augment Rounds) shortened by 10 seconds.
- Stage 4-7 (Treasure Dragon) shortened by 10 seconds.
- Stage 5-1 (After Treasure Dragon) shortened by 10 seconds.
99.99 percent of games end before Stage 8 though—this change is for that .01 percent that just need to move on.
- Player damage in Stage 8 has been increased to 150 in Standard and Double Up
Large, like the time saved climbing to Challenger with our game time cuts.
Despite several nerfs in our 12.12 mid-week update, Assassin is still performing a cut and jump above the rest.
Astral’s getting a shiny new Refresh button that indicates the quality of orbs, but I’m just worried that this is going to make me roll away my economy like Poggles did IRL.
Astral Emblem has proven to be too game warping in both Double Up and casual play, where players are less punished for greedily leveling and able to hit tier 5 units early, allowing for powerful starred up Legendary units to take over the game. With Astral Emblem gone, is there hope for the tft reddit mods?
Ragewing 3 is often used to give the selected carry (Swain or Xayah) survivability through Omnivamp as well as bonus Attack Speed. This use case is slightly too effective, while Ragewing 6 and 9 suffer. As our exciting fiery trait, we want Ragewing to be viable as a vertical, so we’re buffing it here and also giving the trait’s Dragon (later section) substantial buffs.
We’re using this patch to bring the weakest and strongest items offered through Shimmerscale closer in power. Regardless of what the Shimmerscale items are, they should feel good to get rather than making you wish they were Draven’s Axe, an item that is particularly strong on units like Xayah and Corki.
The difference in power between Trainer 2 and 3 is negligible, and that just can’t stand for the Nomsy enthusiasts amongst us. The devs at the top finally got the message, “the draconic frog is iconic pog,” and they’re giving Nomsy the power she deserves. Remember, the newly buffed Nomsy Fireball damage is doubled at Trainer 3!
- Assassin Critical Strike Damage: 15/30/50% ⇒ 5/25/45%
- Astral: Players must field Astral units before they can receive Astral Shops and orbs. A new Refresh button with a counter helps you track your progress towards Astral Shops. It also reflects the quality of your Astral orbs.
- Astral Ability Power: 5/30/70 ⇒ 10/40/80
- Astral Emblem has been removed
- Cannoneer Attack Damage explosion Damage: 150/210/280/350% ⇒ 125/225/325/425%
- Mirage Dawnbringer’s Determination max Health heal percentage: 40/70/70(heals twice)/125(heals twice) ⇒ 40/65/65(heals twice)/110(heals twice)
- Ragewing Attack Speed: 50/125/225 ⇒ 50/135/250%
- Ragewing Omnivamp: 30/50/70% ⇒ 25/50/75%
- Revel Firework Damage: 140/170/225/300 ⇒ 130/160/210/280
- Shimmerscale item, Crown of Champions Health: 200 ⇒ 100
- Shimmerscale item, Determined Investor Health: 300 ⇒ 150
- Shimmerscale item, Diamond Hands Health: 300 ⇒ 200
- Shimmerscale item, Diamond Hands Immunity Duration: 2 sec ⇒ 1 sec
- Shimmerscale item, Draven’s Axe base Attack Damage & Attack Speed: 20 ⇒ 10
- Shimmerscale item, Gambler’s Blade base Ability Power & Attack Speed: 20 ⇒ 30
- Shimmerscale item, Goldmancer Staff base Ability Power: 20 ⇒ 30
- Shimmerscale item, Needlessly Big Gem Health: 300 ⇒ 500
- Shimmerscale item, Mogul’s Mail stack cap: 30 ⇒ 40
- Shimmerscale item, Mogul’s Mail Armor & Magic Resist per stack: 1.5 ⇒ 1
- Shimmerscale item, Mogul’s Mail Health per stack: 15 ⇒ 5
- Tempest Attack Speed: 25/50/80/150% ⇒ 20/50/100/200%
- Trainer Nomsy base Health: 500 ⇒ 400
- Trainer Nomsy Fireball Damage: 100/125/150/175 ⇒ 100/130/160/200
- Trainer Nomsy’s Fireball now causes burned enemies to suffer 50% reduced healing for the duration of the burn (8 seconds)
- Warrior increased Damage on enhanced attack: 120/200/350% ⇒ 120/220/420%
Units: Tier 1
- Nidalee Primal Surge bonus Attack Speed: 45% ⇒ 40%
- Nidalee Primal Surge 3rd hit Attack Damage ratio: 250% ⇒ 225%
Units: Tier 2
We’re happy to see Cavalier carry builds pop up (and off) and are giving a 1 and 2 star buff to a unit we think most fawndly of.
While Tristana’s performance is just above average, we’re nerfing her alongside her other overperforming Cannonneer pals to place more of their power into the their trait (buffed above).
- Lillia Health: 700 ⇒ 750
- Lillia Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 40
- Lillia Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Lillia Watch Out! center bonus Damage: 150/225/350 ⇒ 215/275/350
- Nami Mana: 50/90 ⇒ 25/75
- Tristana Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
Units: Tier 3
Dragonmancer Swain relies on ramping damage and omnivamp to take fights into overtime where he truly ascends into his demonic dragon form. By slowing his base attack speed we slow his ramp time and by lowering his base Health we make it easier to burst him through his sustain.
Dragonmancer Volibear continues to be too strong in the midgame, with the ability to both deal and take far too much damage. By removing some base damage here, his DPS and survivability with the popular Bloodthirster build should recede. These changes also further the power jump between Volibear’s two and three star power levels, which were bearly noticeable prior.
- Swain Health: 650 ⇒ 600
- Swain Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Varus Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Volibear Relentless Storm number of enemies: 3/4/5 ⇒ 4/4/4
- Volibear Relentless Storm Damage per enemy: 160/175/190 ⇒ 110/155/215
- Volibear Relentless Storm total Damage: 480/700/950 ⇒ 440/620/860
Units: Tier 4
Daeja is an Ability Power Carry with the passive ability to shred Magic Resist. With this adjustment, her role here is even more refined.
As for the other changes on this list, I’m willing to bet the League of Legends patch writer’s paycheck you expected them.
- Corki Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Daeja Windblast wave Damage: 225/350/1500 ⇒ 250/375/1800
- Daeja Windblast passive Magic damage: 30/45/200 ⇒ 25/40/150
- Hecarim max Mana buff: 75/120 ⇒ 60/105
- Shi Oh Yu Jade Form Combo Attack Damage Ratio: 325/350/1000% ⇒ 265/275/1000%
- Shi Oh Yu Jade Form Stun duration: 1.5 ⇒ 1.25 sec
- Sy’fen Rampage Charge Attack Damage ratio: 225/235/500% ⇒ 150/150/300%
- Xayah Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
Units: Tier 5
Aurelion Sol’s power ceiling was through the roof (and into the stars) with Mage Emblem and perfect items, resulting in him needing to be balanced around this optimization. That created an unfun situation for Astral vertical players that just couldn’t hit those items, but still wanted to create supermassive black holes.
Shyvana is strong when properly itemized as a carry but she can take too long to get her 2nd cast off. Reducing her Mana helps her more reliably burn the backline a second time, but it will come at the cost of some of her tankiness.
As with Shyvana our other tier 5 buffs are intended to keep these units feeling legendary and worth pursuing with fast level 8/9 strategies.
- Aurelion Sol REWORKED: Aurelion Sol now summons an unstable black hole underneath a random enemy. After 2 seconds it implodes, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the area and increasing their damage taken by 20% for 10 seconds. Black holes generated after 20 seconds of combat are larger and deal 50% more damage.
- Aurelion Sol Mana: 40/90
- Aurelion Sol Black Hole Damage: 350/475/5000
- Aurelion Sol at 3-Stars creates a cosmically large black hole
- Pyke Health: 800 ⇒ 900
- Shyvana Mana buff: 45/75 ⇒ 30/60
- Shyvana Armor & Magic Resist: 60 ⇒ 55
- Shyvana Flame Breath max Health percent burn Damage: 45/60/300% ⇒ 50/66/500%
- Soraka Starfall Heal per star: 100/150/1000 ⇒ 120/180/1000
- Zoe Mana buff: 60/120 ⇒ 50/100
With much of Jeweled Gauntlet’s power locked in Critical Strike Damage, the item has become too dependent on units needing high Critical Strike Chance to be worth it. By placing more of its power in flat Ability Power, we make it a more consistent standalone item for Ability Power carries that don’t hit the Infinity Edge combo.
Similar to what we did with Shimmerscale items (bringing the weakest and strongest items closer together), we’re also doing with Ornn items (obtained through Forge Augments).
- Bramble Vest total Armor: 60 ⇒ 80
- Rosethorn Vest (Radiant) total Armor: 100 ⇒ 130
- Jeweled Gauntlet total Ability Power: 20 ⇒ 40
- Jeweled Gauntlet Critical Strike Damage: 30% ⇒ 10%
- Glamorous Gauntlet (Radiant) total Ability Power: 20 ⇒ 60
- Glamorous Gauntlet (Radiant) Critical Strike Damage: 75% ⇒ 40%
- Ornn Item, Infinity Force removed 30% Crit Chance
- Ornn Item, Muramana Mana granted after cast: 150 over 4 sec ⇒ 200 over 5 sec
- Ornn Item, Obsidian Cleaver Attack Damage: 30 ⇒ 20
- Ornn Item, Rocket Propelled Fist Health: 500 ⇒ 400
The power of our friendship is too strong, and so is the Best Friends Augment.
Blue Battery will no longer stack with Blue Buff. Don’t use them together.
With this Ricochet change you’re more likely to hit backline carries with the bounced shots as opposed to just hitting more tanks.
- Best Friends bonus Attack Speed: 15/25/35% ⇒ 10/20/30%
- Blue Battery now sets the units’ Mana to 20 after casting instead of granting 20 Mana after casting.
- Cluttered Mind XP if your bench if full: 3 ⇒ 4
- Cybernetic Implants Attack Damage: 10/20/30 ⇒ 8/15/25
- Double Trouble Armor/Magic Resist/Attack Damage/Ability Power: 30/40/50 ⇒ 22/33/44
- Hallucinate damage reduction buff duration: 5 ⇒ 6 seconds
- March of Progress XP each round: 4 ⇒ 5
- Ricochet (Cannoneer) will now prefer to bounce to farther targets rather than nearby targets
Small, like Lil’ Nomsy without proper snackin’.
Some math for the new Guild 7 chase trait. At Guild 7, your Guild units will receive 500 bonus Health from Sejuani, 50% bonus Attack Speed from Twitch, 50 bonus Ability Power from Ryze, 50 bonus Attack Damage from Talon, 10 bonus Mana per basic attack from Bard, 15% bonus Omnivamp from the Guild Emblem bearer, and a partridge in a pear tree.
- Evoker Mana: 3/6/10 ⇒ 3/7/12
- Guild NEW: Added a new 7 Guild trait: 250% Guild Bonus
- Shapeshifter bonus max Health on transformation: 45/90/135% ⇒ 40/90/145%
Units: Tier 1
Our starry eyed hemomancer needs a bit more blue stuff to keep the red stuff flowing.
- Vladimir Mana buff: 0/70 ⇒ 20/70
Units: Tier 2
Brains and Braum.
- Braum’s tooltip now specifies that he raises his shield towards the largest group of enemies
Units: Tier 4
- Neeko Inherent Glamour Shield: 275/400/1200 ⇒ 275/400/2000
- Talon Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
Units: Tier 5
Bard at 1 star already provides so much value through teamwide bonus mana on attack and doot collection to the point where his spell’s value just leaves your opponents with a bard time.
- Bard Tempered Fate Stun Duration: 1.5/2/15 ⇒ 1.25/2/15
- Yasuo Attack Damage: 90 ⇒ 85
- Yasuo will now reliably execute the last enemy alive, even if they have gigantic Health pools
Stack the stacks, watch the stacks, track the stacks.
- Archangel’s Staff and (Radiant) Urf-Archangel’s Staff now have a stack counters
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade and (Radiant) Guinsoo’s Reckoning now have stack counters
- Zz’Rot Portal now works more reliably with and against Assassins
Getting repeat Ornn items from Living Forge isn’t just less exciting, it’s also harder to play around because the chances are, you aren’t running multiple units that can make good use of the more specific carry items. I will say that multiple Rocket Propelled Fists will be missed.
- Combat Training Starting Attack Damage: 5 ⇒ 8
- Double Trouble now grants a 2-star copy of units you have 3-starred before acquiring the Augment
- Living Forge can no longer grant Ornn Artifacts that it already granted you
- Makeshift Armor III Armor & Magic Resist: 60 ⇒ 65
We’re shipping a number of quality of life updates for Double Up that primarily revolve around Shared Draft (Carousel) release and clarity.
- Pick order is now visually represented on the scoreboard
- Pick order groups updated. In order of release, first to last: 4th and 3rd, 4th and 2nd, 3rd and 1st, 2nd and 1st.
- Pick order groups after the 4th place team has been eliminated has been updated. In order of release, first to last: 3rd and 2nd, 3rd and 1st, 2nd and 1st.
- Pick order groups after 4th and 3rd place teams have been eliminated has been updated. In order of release, first to last: 2nd and 2nd, 1st and 1st.
- If reinforcements are canceled the portal countdown, VFX will now cancel immediately instead of playing out for the full 3 second timer.
- The release timers during Shared Draft (timers that let you know when you can start moving for an item/unit on Carousel) have updated VFX that are more noticeable.
- Trainer chance to double-feed Nomsy in Hyper Roll: 65% ⇒ 50%
- Starcaller (Soraka) Tactician Heal: 1/2/15 ⇒ 1/2/20
- If you transfer your account out of a region and back to that region within two weeks, your account’s ranked state upon returning to the original region will be restored to what it was when you left.
- Shoot from the hip: Varus’s arrows now visually fire out of his bow instead of slightly below it.
- Legend units can no longer fail to gain their stat bonuses from a sacrificed unit if they’re affected by Zephyr
- Legend sacrifice now occurs before Zephyr triggers, so Zephyr can’t hit a unit that’s then immediately sacrificed (making it appear that Zephyr hit nothing)
- Tahm Kench’s ability damage is now correctly blocked by Banshee’s Claw
- Shapeshifter Soul now correctly states that it grants a Sunfire Cape, not a Hand of Justice
- Fixed an issue that allowed Preparation I to be offered on 4-2
- Ashe now cast their spell at their attack targets rather than the nearest target
- Ghost armies that have Augments with multiple tiers (Luden’s, Build Different, etc.) will now always work as intended
- Fixed an issue causing Shimmerscale items to pop off in combat in specific situations
- Who is the hottest shot: Hot Shot will now attribute its burn damage more accurately when multiple Cannoneer cannon shots hit the same target (only affects the damage recap; no actual change to its damage)